14 August 2011

Mailbox Monday: Lots of Goodies


Mailbox Monday is not usually a weekly meme in which I participate, but I just received a nice stack of goodies from my various sales reps, some of which I'm very excited about reading!

Top of the list goes to The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar, which comes out in January 2012.  I first fell in love with her writing with her previous book, The Weight of Heaven.  She's a good stylist and is great at getting to the heart of the matter in her story telling.  My sales rep from Harper sent me this one, along with Ron Rash's new book coming in April 2012.  And if that weren't enough, Anne also sent me her personal copies of the audio versions of Christopher Moore's Fool and Sarah Weeks' So B It.  Isn't she swell?

From John at Simon & Schuster I received an ARC of The Last Testament of God: A Memoir by God, helped along by David Javerbaum.  Looks like fun and comes out in November.  I also received finished paperback copies of Strangers at the Feast by Jennifer Vanderbes and The One Hundred Foot Journey by Richard Morais.  Isn't this cover gorgeous?  I'm a sucker for books with mangos on the cover.  Or about the Indo-Pakistani experience.  And food.  Yup.  Started this one last night and it's good so far. 

Not to be outdone, my wonderful reps Ann and Michael from Random House also took care of me this week, sending me an ARC of the forthcoming book from Michael Ondaatje, coming in October, called The Cat's Table.  I'm showing the UK cover here instead of the US because it's much better. Can't wait to crack the spine on this one, either, as it's a possible selection for my store's First Editions Club.  So many books, so little time.  If only I were Hermione with her time-turner...


2 comments:

Please, sir, may I have some more? (Comments, that is!)